One-to-One WordPress Training
Learn WordPress in a one-to-one enviroment
If you are somewhere between a beginner and an experienced WordPress user or have any particular requirements, this option will also be perfect for you. We can do a pick-and-mix combination of basic and advanced courses or cover any other features of WordPress that you wish to know about.
This one-to-one training can be bespoke and tailored to you. We can focus on the aspects of WordPress most important to you. We can skim through or skip altogether any aspects which you already know or that do not interest you. This leaves more time to cover exactly what you want to.
You can choose to focus on ...
- set up and run a WordPress website of your own
- add headings, text, images and videos
- envisage a structure and setup navigation menus
- apply an attractive design using easy templates
- make the site search engine friendly
- add contact forms, maps and take payments
- add social networking and track visitors
- learn to add all the features and functionality you need to run and develop a fantastic website
- and much, much more…
Includes 50% discount on a domain name and hosting for a year
After the training, we can set your site up on any .CO.ZW domain name of your choice, brand new or an existing one you already own. You can then keep the site after the course, hosted at 50% discount for one year. After that, hosting is available from just US$100 per year.
One-to-one WordPress Training – Topics Which Can be Covered
- Introduction to WordPress
- Install, set up and update WordPress
- Admin Panel, Settings and Basic Configuration
- The Gutenberg editor and using blocks
- Creating pages and posts… and understanding the difference
- Sourcing, editing and uploading images
- Add videos from YouTube
- Users, categories and links
- Comments and avoiding spam
- Organising your posts and articles into a blog
- Add and customise the top navigation menus
- Research, choose, upload, install and update the best plugins
- Research, choose, upload, install and update the best themes
- Customise themes with colours and navigation menus
- Insert a logo which automatically links to the homepage
- Add sidebar widgets for search, social media, static and dynamic content
- Ensuring a responsive, mobile friendly design
- Themes vs frameworks
- Why and how to use the industry-leading Beaver Builder framework
- Add contact forms to receive visitors’ enquiries
- Add an interactive Google Map so visitors can find you
- Using SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) plugins to rank well
- Automatically create search engine friendly XML sitemaps
- Security, stability and backing up
- Backup your site the easy way
- How to get visitors/traffic and track it with Google Analytics
- Facebook, Twitter and social networking
- WordPress features and benefits for the small business, company, individual or charity
- Making money out of your website
What does it cost?
US$50 per hour or equivalent at the rate of the day.
Who is this course for?
If you are somewhere between a beginner and an experienced WordPress user or have any particular requirements, this option will be perfect for you. We can do a pick-and-mix combination of topics or cover any other features of WordPress that you wish to know about.
What is included?
- Hourly one-to-one online WordPress training
- 50% discount on domain hosting for a year valued at US$50
- You can choose to be added to the Web Academy private Facebook group after completing the course for ongoing support from tutors and peers
What are the requirements?
- Your own laptop: PC, Mac or Chromebook, any is fine.
- Fast internet and consistent power. You will be required to stream a Zoom meeting.
- No experience is needed – WordPress is incredibly easy to pick up and you will be free to go at your own pace throughout the day.
- This training assumes a reasonable working knowledge of using computers and the internet, even if you have little or no prior knowledge of WordPress. If you are comfortable with using email, copy/paste, saving files/folders and navigating the internet, you should be fine!
- After the course you are welcome to join our private Facebook group for further discussion with your trainer and with each other, about WordPress, about your website and about your business.